Student Linux Account
From E&E Students
- Students registered with the E&E department may apply for an account on the web server for academic purposes.
- This account also enables you to:
- Have disk space for personal data storage and a web site to which you can publish.
- You may also apply for a MySQL database. Please mention this in the comments section of the e-mail application form. Go to http://web.ee.sun.ac.za/phpmyadmin for details about the MySQL server when you have a MySQL database account.
- The disk space available will be limited to 1 GB per student.
- If the account is in-active for more than one year then the account will be closed.
How to apply
- Send an e-mail form to Prof. W J Perold requesting a web account.
- Prof. W J Perold will then review and approve or reject.
- When approved, details of your student web account will be sent to your e-mail address.
- After the account is activated, read the web publishing page