Student Linux Account
From E&E Students
Revision as of 12:59, 23 October 2013 by Jpmeijers
- Read this first: E-mail_Prof_Jones
- Students registered with the E&E department may apply for an account on the web server for academic purposes.
- This account also enables you to:
- Have disk space for personal data storage and a web site to which you can publish.
- You may also apply for a MySQL database. Please mention this in the comments section of the e-mail application form. Go to http://web.ee.sun.ac.za/phpmyadmin for details about the MySQL server when you have a MySQL database account.
- The disk space available will be limited to 1 GB per student.
- If the account is in-active for more than one year and disk space is a problem, then the account will be closed.
- Users will be subscribe to the server mailing list. If you unsubscribe from the mailing list, your account on this server will be deleted.
How to apply
- Send an e-mail form to the server admin requesting a web account.
- The admin will then review and approve or reject.
- When approved, details of your student web account will be sent to your e-mail address.
- After the account is activated, read the web publishing page