Student Linux Account/Password
The Linux passwords for the student accounts are managed by an LDAP server.
Linux/Posix Password Edit/Change
To change your password, do the following;
- Click on: https://amber.ee.sun.ac.za/phpldapadmin
- Click on Login... underneath E&E Users in the left pane.
- Enter your User name and Password in the right pane.
- Click on the link in the left pane next to the Logged in as: line.
- In the right panel scroll down to the bottom to the userPassword field.
- Delete the stars and enter your new password.
- Click on Save Changes and then Commit.
I am working on integrating Microsoft Windows password and account management using SAMBA synchronised with the LDAP server. To be able to login to the web server using Microsoft SMB networking do the following:
- Login in to the LDAP server.
- Login under E&E Users, using your username and password
- Click on link following the text Logged in as: uid ...
- Scroll down to objectClass and click add value
- Add sambaSamAccount objects
- Scroll to top and use add new attribute to add the following attributes and their values
-- sambaSID , value = S-1-5-21-3868578188-3359596719-1575176629
-- sambaLMPassword , value = (same as Linux password)
-- sambaNTPassword , value = (same as Linux password)
-- sambaAcctFlags , value = [U ]
Then browse to \\eepdc\homes with Microsoft Windows and login.
The ip address of the server is 126.96.36.199 , it's host name is web.ee.sun.ac.za, it's NetBIOS name is "eepdc" and it is in the eedept workgroup.